FOSTERING AN ABANDONED DOG

Go Local - July 2012

User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 

Trac Phone upgrade SpainThe Latest on Trac phones in Spain

There is a great new product available for those living in rural areas in Spain, who currently struggle with slow dial up internet. 

A great combined package brought to you by...

Read More >>

lassie publicityFOSTERING AN ABANDONED DOG

Is it for you? Please read on and find out more.

P.E.P.A. the helping hands charity for animals does not have any kennels, the majority of our animals are fostered in private homes, where the aim is to give love, security and guidance in preparation for the big day when it is adopted.

We're urgently seeking kindly people who, for one reason or another, may not have a dog of their own, nor wish the responsibility of owning a pet on a long term basis, but who may enjoy the pleasure of caring for a dog or puppy for a short while. Could you be one of those people?

Here's a few frequently asked questions to help you decide!

How long do I keep the dog or puppy?

This is difficult to assess as it depends on the time it takes to find a new home. It could be a couple of weeks or it could be a few months. However, everything would be done to find a home as quickly as possible by advertising on our website and in the press.

Supposing I need to go away, or on holiday?

Then we would call on another foster carer, or place the dog in kennels where we would pay for its keep until you return.

Will I have to pay for the food and vet bills?

No, P.E.P.A. will pay for all medical costs and also food bills if required.

Whenever possible all our foster dogs and puppies are examined by a qualified vet and given any necessary medication before being placed with a foster carer. It would be treated for parasites, vaccinated and in some cases sterilized. Occasionally we would ask the foster carer to take the dog or puppy to the vet for this initial treatment, but all costs would be met by P.E.P.A.

What if I don't have a garden, or need special sleeping quarters for the dog I am fostering?

We do our best to ensure that our foster dog or puppy would fit into your home and lifestyle. If required, we will provide you with a bed, dog bowls etc and, if necessary, any other equipment such as a cage.

So many animals need your love and care, if only on a temporary basis,

many haven't had that special cuddle for a very long time.

Can you help? – If you'd like to find out more please telephone Pat on 96 283 3325

Helpline: 650 304 746

email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it